Job Description and Requirements:
Fantastic opportunity for a freelance translator/copywriter to work with a top events management and PR company in Jordan! If you are considering a morning job that pays the bills and beyond, then becoming a freelance translator/copywriter with iJordan could be your next big opportunity to make income from the comfort of your home.
We are looking for an innovative individual to work with us on a monthly basis for a specific number of projects.
iJordan, the Kingdom’s first multidisciplinary Events Management Company, is now growing its circle of freelance personnel, under its PR division. We aim to bring our clients – including corporate entities, NGOs, governmental establishments and independent campaigners – a one-stop-shop experience to satisfy their communications, events and PR needs.
As a freelance translator/copywriter you will play a vital role in supporting iJordan’s PR and media departments.
You will be required to translate, edit, and proofread documents from Arabic to English and vice versa. Candidate needs to be familiar with media lingo and related documents, including press clippings, press releases, feature articles, op-eds, etc. Candidate should have experience in translating/copywriting technical economic and financial sector texts, as well as entertainment and cultural topics.
Fast turn-around of press clippings in the morning period, 5 days a week, is a requirement.
The Candidate is also required to:
- Use the internet and available resources to research and enhance the professional outcome of the translation process.
- Provide a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text.
- Provide consistent formatting of documents with a basic style-book approach towards terms used in translated copy and write-ups.
- Excellent command of both English & Arabic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Easy to work with, professional, and has sense of humor.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic, i.e. someone who really cares about the quality of his/her work.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines – especially during the morning-to-noon period.
Degree Requirements and Professional Experience:
Not less than 2 years of experience in translation and copywriting, preferably economic and business translation and write-ups for media and PR clients.
You can respond to this job posting by sending your CV with a cover letter to:
Ruba Saqr, Director of PR
Email: r.saqr (at) ijordan.org